Arrival & Dismissal Procedures
Doors open for Elementary students beginning at 7:15am. Doors open for Secondary students at 7:45am. There is no staff supervision available for students before these times.
Standard Pickup Times for Elementary:
- Elementary students should be picked up at 3:25pm Monday-Thursday and 12:15pm Friday unless they are involved in a supervised after-school program.
- Elementary students must be picked up no later than 4:05pm on Monday-Thursday and no later than 1:00pm on Fridays. NYOS is unable to provide staff supervision for students outside of supervised after-school programming that students are registered for.
Standard Pickup Times for Secondary:
- Middle School students should be picked up at 3:40pm Monday-Thursday and 12:30pm Friday unless they are involved in a supervised after-school program.
- High School students should be picked up at 3:55pm Monday-Thursday and 12:45pm Friday unless they are involved in a supervised after-school program.
- For those who are not registered for after-school programs, NYOS is unable to provide childcare after school so please remember to pickup your student as soon as the school day ends.
Picking Up Your Student Early:
- If you need to pickup your student early, please pick them up no later than 3:00pm Monday - Thursday and 12:00pm Friday. If you arrive after 3pm/12pm, you will need to wait in one of our regular dismissal lines in order to collect your student. This allows us to reduce front desk traffic at the end of the school day and ensures that we're able to focus on a safe and efficient dismissal.
- If you are picking up your student early for an appointment, you can help NYOS by emailing the front desk ahead of time to let us know. Please email the front desk at [email protected] and include the full name of your student, the time we can expect you, and what time we should have your student ready for pickup.
- Please plan for a minimum of 15 minutes to pickup your student from our front desk. Many times we are calling students from other buildings. This means it can take some time to get your student with their belonging to the front office and we do not want you to be delayed.
For additional campus information including maps and directional suggestions, please see the Elementary & Secondary Schedules to the right of the page.