Secondary Schedule & Drop-Off/Pick-Up Procedures
Please refer to the following schedule for school day start and end times for the 21-22 school year. Please note that start and end times can vary slightly by grade level.
Doors open for Secondary students beginning at 7:30 AM. Optional tutoring is provided for Secondary students on weekday mornings from 7:45 to 8:15 AM.
A/B Schedule for the 21-22 School Year
Drop Off and Pick Up: Grades PreK-5th
Parents will follow the flow of cars to navigate our new campus facility. Drop-off and pick-up will take place ONLY at the north side of our Elementary building. Once exiting our campus, cars must take a RIGHT TURN ONLY at N Lamar Blvd. Please use the following map as a guide:
Drop Off and Pick Up: 6th-12th
- BOTH middle school and high school families will enter our high school campus via Yager Ln.
- Upon entering:
- Middle school families will turn left and 6th-8th graders will be dropped off at the entrance of Building A.
- High school families will go straight and then turn right, and 9th-12th graders will be dropped of in between Buildings B & C.
- High school student drivers will still park in front of Lamar Building A.
If you have both an Elementary and Secondary student who are siblings, please follow the arrival and dismissal procedures for Elementary. Older siblings will be able to walk from the Elementary building to their designated middle school or high school buildings. After the school day ends, older siblings should go to the center common area located at the first floor of the Elementary building.
- Constables will continue to provide assistance during arrival and dismissal.
- Please do not park in the nearby residential and commercial areas. We want to continue to be good neighbors to those around us.
- Please do not move construction fences in order to access alternative areas of the Elementary building. Fences have been placed in designated areas for the safety of our students, staff and families.
- Please obey those who are directing traffic.
One of the many strengths of our NYOS community is our ability to make adjustments as needed. On that note, we are also currently adding more outdoor tables that will be used for Elementary lunch. Secondary students will also be able to eat lunch at outdoor picnic tables within their designated spaces.
We cannot thank our families enough for your grace, kindness, and patience this week as we make adjustments and improvements within our new campus space. Our NYOS community is truly unlike any other!
Only student drivers who register with the receptionist will be permitted to drive to school, with Seniors being given priority. Student drivers who actively attend ACC or whose schedule allows them to leave campus during the day will also be given first priority.
Student drivers will be permitted to drive to school under the following conditions:
- permission must be obtained from the Secondary Principal
- students must be in compliance with the school attendance and discipline policies;
- students must drive a safe, legal, and environmentally-sound vehicle as determined by the Principal or designee;
- written approval must be obtained from the student’s parents or guardians;
- student’s academic performance must be acceptable as determined by the Principal or designee;
- students will be required to purchase a parking permit for $50;
- students must fill out an application and provide the school with proof of insurance and a valid driver’s license;
- parking is prohibited anywhere off campus, including the neighboring businesses and hotels;
- parking permit must be displayed in the car at all times;
- students under 18 years of age are prohibited from driving with more than one passenger in the vehicle under 21 years of age who is not a family member per state law (HB 3483).
A student’s privilege to park on campus may be revoked at the Principal’s discretion.
In addition to responding to signs and directives, we ask that you follow these basic driving courtesies:
1) Under no circumstances should an individual engage in cursing or gesturing with other parents, staff or students.
2) Do not use the traffic line as a time to talk with your teacher, students, or other parents.
3) Allow potential customers for the retail stores on Yager Lane access to these businesses during times when traffic is stacked up on Yager Lane.
4) Pick up your students at the required times.
5) No student should be picked up on the outside passing lane or street.
6) No student should be picked up or dropped off at the hotels or businesses near our campus facilities.
7) No cell phone use in parking lot during drop-off or pick-up.
8) Do not pass the school bus while students are loading or unloading.
9) Parents/Guardians are not allowed to queue up more than 30 minutes before dismissal and must remain in their vehicles.
10) Park only in legally marked parking spaces on the school property.
11) No cross-through traffic will be allowed in between buildings.