NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING
NYOS CHARTER SCHOOL
August 8, 2023
Notice is hereby given that a Regular Meeting of the School Board of NYOS Charter School will be held on August 8, 2023, beginning at 6:00pm. The meeting will be held in the Building 1 at 12333 N Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78753.
Items will not necessarily be discussed or considered in the order they are printed on the agenda below. If, during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in an executive or closed session, the Board will convene in such executive or closed session as permitted by and in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code Chapter 551.
PUBLIC COMMENT. Members of the public have the right to address the Board about any agenda item prior to the Board's consideration of the item, or on any other area of concern. Those who wish to address the Board are invited to do so during the Public Comment portion of the meeting.
Should you wish to address the Board during Public Comment, PLEASE sign up in advance; you may sign up here. Comments are limited to three (3) minutes. If five (5) or more sign up to speak, public comments will be limited to two (2) minutes. You may sign up to speak up until the start of Public Comment.
- Roll call; establishment of quorum; call to order
- Discuss and vote on agenda for August 8, 2023
- Discuss and approve the consent agenda items
- Minutes for the July 18, 2023 meeting
- Committee Reports
- Public Comment
- New Business
- Discuss and vote to approve contracts under $50,000
- Discuss and vote on resolution for contracts greater than $50,000 for 2023-2024
- Discuss and vote on resolution to modify check signer list for Frost Bank: Adding Derek Miller
- Discuss draft resolution for compliance with SB763 regarding volunteer chaplains at schools
- Discuss A-F Accountability
- Discuss Start of School Year Report
- Discuss Charter Compliance Themes
- Discuss Charter School Performance Framework
- ED Update
- Committee Business
- Academic Oversight Committee
- Discuss and vote on plan of work for AOC
- Executive Committee
- Financial Oversight Committee
- Discuss dashboard
- Discuss and vote on plan of work for FOC
- Board Development Committee
- Discuss and vote on Board handbook
- Discuss and vote on Bylaws amendment
- Professional development presentation
- Committee Announcements
- The School Board will meet in executive session in accordance with Texas Government Code Section 551.074 regarding personnel matters: to deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee; or to hear a complaint or charge against an officer or employee.
- NYOS Personnel Matter
- NYOS School Board Member Election
- Discuss and vote on Item 7ai, regarding a NYOS personnel matter, in open session.
- Discuss and vote on Item 7aii, regarding appointment of a secondary teacher member, in open session.
- Discuss agenda items for the September 12, 2023 meeting
In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act Subchapters D and E of Ch. 551, Tex. Govt. Code, the board may enter a closed/executive session to deliberate any subject authorized by Subchapter D that is listed on the agenda for this meeting. Before any closed/executive session is convened, the presiding officer will publicly identify the section or sections of the Act authorizing the closed/executive session. Any final action, decision, or vote on a subject deliberated in a closed/executive session will be conducted in an open session held in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
This notice was posted before 6pm on August 4, 2023, on behalf of the Board by Kari Honea, Chair, NYOS School Board, and Kathleen Zimmermann, Executive Director, NYOS Charter School.
/s/ Kari Honea
/s/ J. Kathleen Zimmermann
For the Board of NYOS Charter School