NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING
NYOS CHARTER SCHOOL
July 18, 2023
Notice is hereby given that a Regular Meeting of the School Board of NYOS Charter School will be held on July 18, 2023, beginning at 6:00pm. The meeting will be held in the Building 1 at 12333 N Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78753.
Items will not necessarily be discussed or considered in the order they are printed on the agenda below. If, during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in an executive or closed session, the Board will convene in such executive or closed session as permitted by and in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code Chapter 551.
PUBLIC COMMENT. Members of the public have the right to address the Board about any agenda item prior to the Board's consideration of the item, or on any other area of concern. Those who wish to address the Board are invited to do so during the Public Comment portion of the meeting.
Should you wish to address the Board during Public Comment, PLEASE sign up in advance; you may sign up here. Comments are limited to three (3) minutes. If five (5) or more sign up to speak, public comments will be limited to two (2) minutes. You may sign up to speak up until the start of Public Comment.
- Roll call; establishment of quorum; call to order
- Seat new board members
- Discuss and vote on agenda for July 18, 2023
- Board Ethics Statement
- Election of Officers
- Discuss and approve the consent agenda items
- Minutes for the June 6 and June 29, 2023 meetings
- Committee Reports
- Policies 200.200-200.220
- Public Comment
- New Business
- Discuss and vote to approve contracts under $100,000
- Discuss and vote on consultant for capacity building project
- Discuss and vote on HB3 Requirements for an armed security officer
- Discuss and vote on resolution regarding benefiting from real estate transaction
- Discuss operations summer wrap-up
- Discuss A-F Accountability Update
- ED Update
- Committee Business
- ED Review Committee
- Discuss and vote on new ED Review Tool
- Executive Committee
- Discuss Grievance Process
- Discuss committee assignments
- Financial Oversight Committee
- Discuss dashboard
- Board Development Committee
- TOMA overview
- Discuss school board handbook draft
- Committee Announcements
- Discuss agenda items for the August 8, 2023 meeting
In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act Subchapters D and E of Ch. 551, Tex. Govt. Code, the board may enter a closed/executive session to deliberate any subject authorized by Subchapter D that is listed on the agenda for this meeting. Before any closed/executive session is convened, the presiding officer will publicly identify the section or sections of the Act authorizing the closed/executive session. Any final action, decision, or vote on a subject deliberated in a closed/executive session will be conducted in an open session held in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
This notice was posted before 6pm on July 14, 2023, on behalf of the Board by Kari Honea, Chair, NYOS School Board, and Kathleen Zimmermann, Executive Director, NYOS Charter School.
/s/ Kari Honea
/s/ J. Kathleen Zimmermann
For the Board of NYOS Charter School