Parent Involvement at NYOS
At NYOS Charter School, we love opportunities for parent involvement! Parents/guardians can support NYOS in the following ways:
Donating to NYOS:
Joining the PTA:
The NYOS PTA, a not-for-profit organization that consists of parents, grandparents, teachers, and community members just like you!
Our PTA organizes school events and fundraisers like Jag Fest, Culver's Night's, and a Fun Run. Through these fundraising efforts, NYOS PTA is able to provide assistance for things like technology, student programs, supplies, equipment, and teacher appreciation opportunities.
- Select "Public Charter" for School District
- Select "NYOS Charter School"
- Select "Submit" and complete the required fields
Volunteering at NYOS:
NYOS families are encouraged to collectively volunteer at least 20 hours total each school year. Volunteering can include:
- Chaperoning study trips (field trips)
- Helping at school-wide events, like Field Day or the Book Fair
- Helping at PTA events like Jag Fest
- Helping prepare classroom supplies or assisting with class events
- Doing maintenance projects during school breaks, like painting or power washing