New Campus Partners
There are many individuals working to making the dream of our new campus a reality:
- The School Board approved the original concept and goals.
- The Property Development Committee (PDC) of the School Board advises and supports School leadership, and facilitates and promotes the work.
- The entire school Administrative Team has been involved in aspects of the planning and design work.
A project of this scope also requires many external partners, and after careful vetting, partners were selected based on their previous experience with similar projects, cost effectiveness, and respect for NYOS and our work. Our selected partners have been very supportive of NYOS and have worked to ensure any new facility preserves and promotes the spirit and culture of NYOS. NYOS is very grateful to our partners!
- Project Management Services, Inc. (PMSI), works to secure the best possible facility to meet our needs within a proscribed budget.
- Harwood K. Smith, Inc. (HKS Architects), incorporates interior and exterior design elements that facilitate our instructional model and help us do what we do best.
- Our engineering contractor, Kimley Horn (KS), studies and tests our building site and works with the City of Austin to secure necessary approvals and permits.
- Kencon, LTD, is our general contractor, and is responsible for taking the plans, and making them real!
- Most recently, our attorneys, Bickerstaff, Heath Delgado and Acosta, and Husch Blackwell, were instrumental in negotiating agreements with the property owners’ association, and navigating the City of Austin’s site plan approval and permitting processes, which had been complicated by the pandemic.