COVID Update for Case Reporting 2023-2024
Listed below are new updates for Positive COVID Case reporting and our district protocols for returning to campus.
If your child tests positive for COVID-19, please complete the COVID-19 Case Reporting Form. The link is listed below.
- If you test positive- please report your positive case ASAP using the NYOS website- click on "Student Health Information" and then COVID-19 Case Reporting Form
- Send a message to your child's teacher reporting the absence and send an email to [email protected].
- Stay home for 5 days.
- You're child may return to school if:
- 5-days have passed and he/she did not have symptoms.
- 5-days have passed and he/she had symptoms that have improved or are improving.
- AND if they have or had a fever, have been fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication.
- If his/her symptoms are not improving, continue to stay home and report the extension using the COVID-19 Case Reporting Form.
- If he/she had shortness of breath or were hospitalized, please follow the recommendations provided by your treating physician.
- NOTE: Negative Tests are not required to return to school.
Tips for Reducing the Spread of Sickness