Notice is hereby given that a Regular Meeting of the School Board of NYOS Charter School will be held on June 10, 2021 beginning at 6:00pm. Meetings of the Board are normally held at 1605 Kramer Lane Austin, TX, 78758. THIS MEETING WILL BE CONDUCTED BY VIDEO CONFERENCE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE GOVERNOR’S AUTHORIZATION CONCERNING SUSPENSION OF CERTAIN OPEN MEETING LAW REQUIREMENTS FOR THE COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) DISASTER.
Members of the public may access the meeting by going to https://zoom.us/j/95975592312?pwd=NXVCYmhVUU5BQ0hnYThnQm53amR4UT09 Passcode: DFbk32 quorum of members of the Board of will participate in the meeting and will be audible to the public. Members of the public may submit comments on any agenda items(s) to email@example.com before or during consideration of the item. The link to the Board Meeting Packet can be accessed here.
Items will not necessarily be discussed or considered in the order they are printed on the agenda below. If, during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in an executive or closed session, the Board will convene in such executive or closed session as permitted by and in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code Chapter 551.
PUBLIC COMMENT. Members of the public have the right to address the Board about any agenda item prior to the Board's consideration of the item, or on any other area of concern. Those who wish to address the Board are invited to do so during the Public Comment portion of the meeting.
Should you wish to address the Board during Public Comment, PLEASE sign up in advance; you may sign up here. Comments are limited to three (3) minutes. If five (5) or more sign up to speak, public comments will be limited to two (2) minutes. You may sign up to speak up until the start of Public Comment.
1. Roll call; establishment of quorum; call to order
2. Discuss and approve the consent agenda items
- a. Minutes for the May 13, 2021 meeting
- b. Charter School Governance policy review 200.080-200.160
- c. Committee Updates
- i. Academic Oversight Committee Update
- ii. Board Development Committee Update
- iii. Compensation Committee Update
- iv. Executive Committee Update
- v. Financial Oversight Committee Update
- vi. Nominations Committee Update
- vii. Samatva Committee Update
- viii. Succession Committee Update
- ix. ED Review Update
3. Discuss and vote on agenda for June 10, 2021
4. Public Comment
5. New Business
- a. Discuss and vote on Multi-hazard Emergency Operations Plan
- b. Discuss and vote on resolution to approve contracts
- c. Discuss and vote on Financial policy 100.080 6.1.f.ii raising
- micro-purchase threshold for federal funds
- d. Discuss and vote on Sourcewell Cooperative Purchasing Contract
- e. Discuss and vote on non-expansion amendment related to Campus Ids
- f. Discuss ESSER II and ESSER III funds
- g. Discuss results of 20-21 Parent and Staff Surveys
- h. Discuss debrief of the legislative session
- i. ED Update
6. Committee Business
- a. Academic Oversight:
- Training Example D
- b. Compensation Committee:
- Teacher salary scale, benefit contributions, ED salary and year-end bonuses
- c. Financial Oversight:
- Discuss and vote on budget amendment for 20-21 school year
- Discuss and vote on initial budget for 21-22 school year
- d. Board Committee announcements for 21-22 school year
- a. Acknowledgement of departing board members
- b. Discussion of agenda items for the June 28, 2021 meeting
Item 1: The School Board will meet in executive session in accordance with Texas Government Code Section 551.074 regarding personnel matters: to deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee; or to hear a complaint or charge against an officer or employee.
- i. Regarding complaint against a teacher
- c. Adjournment
In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act Subchapters D and E of Ch. 551, Tex. Govt. Code, the board may enter a closed/executive session to deliberate any subject authorized by Subchapter D that is listed on the agenda for this meeting. Before any closed/executive session is convened, the presiding officer will publicly identify the section or sections of the Act authorizing the closed/executive session. Any final action, decision, or vote on a subject deliberated in a closed/executive session will be conducted in an open session held in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
This notice was posted before 6:00pm on June 7, 2021 on behalf of the Board by Kathleen Zimmermann, Executive Director, NYOS Charter School.
/s/ J. Kathleen Zimmermann
For the Board of NYOS Charter School