NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) will be visiting NYOS Charter School on Friday, October 12th to present on Ending the Silence in the Lamar Gym.
8th through 12th grade students will learn more about the following:
- Signs and symptoms of mental illness.
- Statistics on how mental illness affects youth.
- Personal perspectives on the experience of living with mental illness.
- Recovery and coping strategies.
- Ways to seek help for themselves or for a friend.
- Ways to help reduce the stigma associated with mental illness.
10th-12th graders will receive a presentation from 8:15 to 9:15am. 8th and 9th graders will receive a presentation from 11:45am to 12:45pm. For more information about NAMI's upcoming presentation, view the attached flyer.