NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING
NYOS CHARTER SCHOOL
February 13, 2024
Notice is hereby given that a Regular Meeting of the School Board of NYOS Charter School will be held on February 13, 2024, beginning at 6:00pm. The meeting will be held in the Building 1 at 12333 N Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78753.
Items will not necessarily be discussed or considered in the order they are printed on the agenda below. If, during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in an executive or closed session, the Board will convene in such executive or closed session as permitted by and in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code Chapter 551.
PUBLIC COMMENT. Members of the public have the right to address the Board about any agenda item prior to the Board's consideration of the item, or on any other area of concern. Those who wish to address the Board are invited to do so during the Public Comment portion of the meeting.
Should you wish to address the Board during Public Comment, PLEASE sign up in advance; you may sign up here. Comments are limited to three (3) minutes. If five (5) or more sign up to speak, public comments will be limited to two (2) minutes. You may sign up to speak up until the start of Public Comment.
- Roll call; establishment of quorum; call to order
- Discuss and vote on agenda for February 13, 2024
- Discuss and approve the consent agenda items
- Minutes for the January 9, 2024 meeting
- Minutes for the January 23, 2024 meeting
- Committee Reports
- Policies 400.090
- Public Comment
- New Business
- Discuss and vote to approve contracts
- Discuss and vote on 2024-2025 NYOS School Calendar
- Discuss and vote on resolution to change bank account signatory and designated contracting executive
- Discuss 2022-23 TAPR and federal report card
- Discuss and vote on resolution honoring Kathleen Zimmermann
- ED Update
- Committee Business
- Board Development Committee
- Discuss academic oversight and STAAR data
- Discuss succession plan general overview
- ED Review Committee
- Discuss timeline for 2023 Executive Director evaluation
- Financial Oversight Committee
- Discuss dashboard
- Discuss reallocation of funds for ED search and transition
- Committee Announcements
- Executive Session
- Executive Session. The School Board will meet in executive session in accordance with Texas Government Code Section 551.074 regarding deliberations about personnel matters: to deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, or duties of a public officer or employee
- Discuss and vote on Item 7a, in open session.
- Discuss and vote on resolution relating to chair’s role as board proxy and communications officer
- Discuss and vote on resolution formalizing ED search and transition committees
- Discuss and vote on resolution formalizing transition leadership plan
- Discuss and vote on appointment of acting ED
- Discuss and vote on appointment of interim ED
- Discuss and vote on ED exit agreement
- Discuss agenda items for the March 26, 2024 meeting
In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act Subchapters D and E of Ch. 551, Tex. Govt. Code, the board may enter a closed/executive session to deliberate any subject authorized by Subchapter D that is listed on the agenda for this meeting. Before any closed/executive session is convened, the presiding officer will publicly identify the section or sections of the Act authorizing the closed/executive session. Any final action, decision, or vote on a subject deliberated in a closed/executive session will be conducted in an open session held in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
This notice was posted before 6pm on February 9, 2024, at 6pm, on behalf of the Board by Kari Honea, Chair, NYOS School Board, and Kathleen Zimmermann, Executive Director, NYOS Charter School.
/s/ Kari Honea
/s/ J. Kathleen Zimmermann
For the Board of NYOS Charter School