NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING SCHOOL BOARD
NYOS CHARTER SCHOOL November 14, 2023 AT 6PM
Notice is hereby given that a Regular Meeting of the School Board of NYOS Charter School will be held on November 14, 2023, beginning at 6:00pm. The meeting will be held in the Building 1 at 12333 N Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78753.
Items will not necessarily be discussed or considered in the order they are printed on the agenda below. If, during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in an executive or closed session, the Board will convene in such executive or closed session as permitted by and in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code Chapter 551.
PUBLIC COMMENT. Members of the public have the right to address the Board about any agenda item prior to the Board's consideration of the item, or on any other area of concern. Those who wish to address the Board are invited to do so during the Public Comment portion of the meeting.
Should you wish to address the Board during Public Comment, PLEASE sign up in advance; you may sign up here. Comments are limited to three (3) minutes. If five (5) or more sign up to speak, public comments will be limited to two (2) minutes. You may sign up to speak up until the start of Public Comment.
- Roll call; establishment of quorum; call to order
- Discuss and vote on agenda for November 14, 2023
- Discuss and approve the consent agenda items
- Minutes for the October 17, 2023 meeting
- Committee Reports
- Policy 300.140 - 300.220
- Summary re: progress on staff-raised issues
- Public Comment
- New Business
- Discuss and vote to approve contracts
- Discuss and vote on the Annual Financial Report for fiscal year 2023
- Discuss and vote on Financial Policy 100.100 regarding deposits and cash handling
- Discuss and vote on Student Code of Conduct
- Discuss and vote on Volunteer Policy - Human Resources 600 Addendum 2
- Discuss and vote on resolution to approve charter non-expansion amendment regarding updated bylaws and org chart
- Discuss and vote on Chaplain Counselor Policy - Human Resources 600 Addendum 3
- Discuss updated CIP goals
- Discuss PTA presentation - Jagfest update
- ED Update
- Committee Business
- Executive Committee
- Discuss process and policy for accepting written public comment
- Academic Oversight Committee
- Discuss 2023 STAAR closing the gaps data
- Financial Oversight Committee
- Discuss dashboard
- Board Development Committee
- Professional development: Governance vs. Management
- ED Review Committee
- Discuss and vote on ED review functional goals
- Committee Announcements
- Discuss agenda items for the December 5, 2023 meeting
In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act Subchapters D and E of Ch. 551, Tex. Govt. Code, the board may enter a closed/executive session to deliberate any subject authorized by Subchapter D that is listed on the agenda for this meeting. Before any closed/executive session is convened, the presiding officer will publicly identify the section or sections of the Act authorizing the closed/executive session. Any final action, decision, or vote on a subject deliberated in a closed/executive session will be conducted in an open session held in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
This notice was posted before 6pm on November 10, 2023, on behalf of the Board by Kari Honea, Chair, NYOS School Board, and Kathleen Zimmermann, Executive Director, NYOS Charter School.
/s/ Kari Honea
/s/ J. Kathleen Zimmermann
For the Board of NYOS Charter School