NOTICE OF REGULAR METING
NYOS CHARTER SCHOOL
October 17, 2023
Notice is hereby given that a Regular Meeting of the School Board of NYOS Charter School will be held on October 17, 2023, beginning at 6:00pm. The meeting will be held in the Building 1 at 12333 N Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78753.
Items will not necessarily be discussed or considered in the order they are printed on the agenda below. If, during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in an executive or closed session, the Board will convene in such executive or closed session as permitted by and in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code Chapter 551.
PUBLIC COMMENT. Members of the public have the right to address the Board about any agenda item prior to the Board's consideration of the item, or on any other area of concern. Those who wish to address the Board are invited to do so during the Public Comment portion of the meeting.
Should you wish to address the Board during Public Comment, PLEASE sign up in advance; you may sign up here. Comments are limited to three (3) minutes. If five (5) or more sign up to speak, public comments will be limited to two (2) minutes. You may sign up to speak up until the start of Public Comment.
- Roll call; establishment of quorum; call to order
- Seat new student board member
- Discuss and vote on agenda for October 17, 2023
- Discuss and approve the consent agenda items
- Minutes for the September 12, 2023 meeting
- Policies 300.020-300.080; 300.100-300.120
- Committee Reports
- Public Comment
- New Business
- Discuss and vote to approve contracts
- Discuss and vote on Financial Policy 100.100 regarding deposits and cash handling
- Discuss new volunteer policy draft
- Discuss SB 763 (2023) regarding chaplains
- Discuss campus improvement plans and HB 3 goals
- Discuss and vote on a resolution regarding classroom occupancy
- Discuss and vote on resolution on HB3, regarding armed officers
- Discuss emergent bilingual annual report
- Discuss PTA presentation - Judie Daniels, PTA President
- ED Update
- Committee Business
- Executive Committee
- Discuss Governance Forms
- Discuss grievance process
- Financial Oversight Committee
- Discuss dashboard
- Board Development Committee
- Training presentation: current strategic planning and next steps
- ED Review Committee
- Discuss and vote on ED review tool update
- Committee Announcements
- Executive Session:
- The School Board will meet in executive session in accordance with Texas Government Code Section 551.074 regarding deliberations about personnel matters: to deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee.
- Discuss agenda items for the November 14, 2023 meeting
In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act Subchapters D and E of Ch. 551, Tex. Govt. Code, the board may enter a closed/executive session to deliberate any subject authorized by Subchapter D that is listed on the agenda for this meeting. Before any closed/executive session is convened, the presiding officer will publicly identify the section or sections of the Act authorizing the closed/executive session. Any final action, decision, or vote on a subject deliberated in a closed/executive session will be conducted in an open session held in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
This notice was posted before 6pm on October 13, 2023, on behalf of the Board by Kari Honea, Chair, NYOS School Board, and Kathleen Zimmermann, Executive Director, NYOS Charter School.
/s/ Kari Honea
/s/ J. Kathleen Zimmermann
For the Board of NYOS Charter School