NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING
NYOS CHARTER SCHOOL
May 9, 2023
Notice is hereby given that a Regular Meeting of the School Board of NYOS Charter School will be held on May 9, 2023, beginning at 6:00pm. The meeting will be held in the Building 1 at 12333 N Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78753.
Items will not necessarily be discussed or considered in the order they are printed on the agenda below. If, during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in an executive or closed session, the Board will convene in such executive or closed session as permitted by and in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code Chapter 551.
PUBLIC COMMENT. Members of the public have the right to address the Board about any agenda item prior to the Board's consideration of the item, or on any other area of concern. Those who wish to address the Board are invited to do so during the Public Comment portion of the meeting.
Should you wish to address the Board during Public Comment, PLEASE sign up in advance; you may sign up here. Comments are limited to three (3) minutes. If five (5) or more sign up to speak, public comments will be limited to two (2) minutes. You may sign up to speak up until the start of Public Comment.
- Roll call; establishment of quorum; call to order
- Discuss and vote on agenda for May 9, 2023
- Discuss and approve the consent agenda items
- Minutes for the April 11, 2023 meeting
- Committee Reports
- Student Code of Conduct: adding Chief of Schools to Grievance Process
- Charge Policy: Clarification of charges
- Governance Policy 200.020-200.060
- Public Comment
- New Business
- Discuss and vote to approve contracts under $100,000
- Discuss and vote on Resolution to approve expected contracts above $100,000 for FY 22-23:
- Electronic Responsible Recyclers
- QA Construction Services
- Nieto Technology Partners
- Discuss and vote to approve adoption of Amplify Curriculum
- ED Update
- Committee Business
- Academic Oversight Committee
- Discuss spring interim data
- Executive Director Review Committee
- Discuss new review tool update
- Financial Oversight Committee
- Discuss dashboard
- Discuss and vote to approve 2022-2023 Budget Amendment
- Discuss 2023-2024 Budget Considerations
- Nominations Committee
- Nominees address Board
- Committee Announcements
- Executive Session
- The School Board will meet in executive session in accordance with Texas Government Code Section 551.072 regarding deliberation regarding real property: deliberate the purchase, exchange, lease, or value of real property.
- The School Board will meet in executive session in accordance with Texas Government Code Section 551.076. This chapter does not require a governmental body to conduct an open meeting to deliberate:
(1) the deployment, or specific occasions for implementation, of security personnel or devices; or
(2) a security audit.
- The School Board will meet in executive session in accordance with Texas Government Code Section 551.074 to deliberate the appointment of public officers.
- Discuss and vote on resolution for City of Austin offer for land in open session
- Discuss and vote on Multi-Hazard Emergency Plan (MEOP) in open session
- Discuss and vote on election results
- Discuss agenda items for the June 6, 2023 meeting
In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act Subchapters D and E of Ch. 551, Tex. Govt. Code, the board may enter a closed/executive session to deliberate any subject authorized by Subchapter D that is listed on the agenda for this meeting. Before any closed/executive session is convened, the presiding officer will publicly identify the section or sections of the Act authorizing the closed/executive session. Any final action, decision, or vote on a subject deliberated in a closed/executive session will be conducted in an open session held in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
This notice was posted before 6pm on May 6, 2023, on behalf of the Board by Kari Honea, Chair, NYOS School Board, and Kathleen Zimmermann, Executive Director, NYOS Charter School.
/s/ Kari Honea
/s/ J. Kathleen Zimmermann
For the Board of NYOS Charter School