NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING
NYOS CHARTER SCHOOL
January 10, 2023
Notice is hereby given that a Regular Meeting of the School Board of NYOS Charter School will be held on January 10, 2023, beginning at 6:00pm. The meeting will be held in the Building 1 at 12333 N Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78753.
Items will not necessarily be discussed or considered in the order they are printed on the agenda below. If, during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in an executive or closed session, the Board will convene in such executive or closed session as permitted by and in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code Chapter 551.
PUBLIC COMMENT. Members of the public have the right to address the Board about any agenda item prior to the Board's consideration of the item, or on any other area of concern. Those who wish to address the Board are invited to do so during the Public Comment portion of the meeting.
Should you wish to address the Board during Public Comment, PLEASE sign up in advance; you may sign up here. Comments are limited to three (3) minutes. If five (5) or more sign up to speak, public comments will be limited to two (2) minutes. You may sign up to speak up until the start of Public Comment.
- Roll call; establishment of quorum; call to order
- Discuss and vote on agenda for January 6, 2023
- Discuss and approve the consent agenda items
- Minutes for the December 6, 2022 meeting
- Committee Reports
- Public Comment
- New Business
- Discuss and vote on resolution to approve contracts under $100,000
- Discuss and vote on resolution to join TX Association of School Boards
- Discuss and vote on Student Policy 400.020 regarding admissions
- Discuss and vote on resolution for Labatt for spending over 100k
- Discuss and vote on resolution for London Engineering for over 100K
- Discuss draft school calendar for 2023-24
- Discuss progress toward NYOS Strategic Plan 2019-2024
- Discuss Elementary and Secondary HB3 Goals
- ED Update
- Committee Business
- ED Review Committee
- Discuss timeline for 2022 review
- Financial Oversight Committee
- Discuss and vote on amendment to operating budget for 2022-2023
- Discuss dashboard
- Committee Announcements
- Discuss agenda items for the February 7, 2023 meeting
In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act Subchapters D and E of Ch. 551, Tex. Govt. Code, the board may enter a closed/executive session to deliberate any subject authorized by Subchapter D that is listed on the agenda for this meeting. Before any closed/executive session is convened, the presiding officer will publicly identify the section or sections of the Act authorizing the closed/executive session. Any final action, decision, or vote on a subject deliberated in a closed/executive session will be conducted in an open session held in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
This notice was posted before 6pm on January 5, 2023, on behalf of the Board by Kari Honea, Chair, NYOS School Board, and Kathleen Zimmermann, Executive Director, NYOS Charter School.
/s/ Kari Honea
/s/ J. Kathleen Zimmermann
For the Board of NYOS Charter School