NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING
NYOS CHARTER SCHOOL
September 8, 2022
Notice is hereby given that a Regular Meeting of the School Board of NYOS Charter School will be held on September 8, 2022, beginning at 6:00pm. The meeting would be held in the Building 1 at 12333 N Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78753.
Items will not necessarily be discussed or considered in the order they are printed on the agenda below. If, during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in an executive or closed session, the Board will convene in such executive or closed session as permitted by and in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code Chapter 551.
PUBLIC COMMENT. Members of the public have the right to address the Board about any agenda item prior to the Board's consideration of the item, or on any other area of concern. Those who wish to address the Board are invited to do so during the Public Comment portion of the meeting.
Should you wish to address the Board during Public Comment, PLEASE sign up in advance; you may sign up here. Comments are limited to three (3) minutes. If five (5) or more sign up to speak, public comments will be limited to two (2) minutes. You may sign up to speak up until the start of Public Comment.
- Roll call; establishment of quorum; call to order
- Discuss and vote on agenda for September 8, 2022
- Discuss and approve the consent agenda items
- Minutes for the August 11, 2022 meeting
- Human Resources Policy review 600.100-600.160
- Committee Reports
- Resolution to approve contracts under $100,000
- Public Comment
- New Business
- Discuss and vote on Student Policy 400.160, Section 7 regarding Withdrawal
- Discuss and vote on addendum to Student Policy 400 re: library resources
- Discuss and vote on addendum to General School Operations policy 300 re: duties of security personnel, SROs and peace officers
- Discuss and vote on resolution to allow ED to sign contract for security officers of more than $100K
- Discuss CIP 22-23 beginning-of-year report and HB3 goals - Elementary & Secondary
- Discuss 2022 Accountability Rating
- Discuss Charter FIRST rating
- Discuss charter renewal
- ED Update
- Committee Business
- Board Development Committee
- Texas Open Meetings Act training
- Information regarding TPCSA Conference
- Compensation Committee
- Discuss and vote on Resolution to Approve Additional Employee Pandemic Medical Leave
- Executive Committee
- Discuss and vote on changing meeting days to Tuesdays
- Financial Oversight Committee
- Discuss Data Dashboard
- Discuss new rates for Frost loan and swap
- Discuss and vote on Financial Operations Policy 100.120
- Nominations Committee
- Discuss new balloting procedures for special election to fill vacant Secondary Teacher position
Executive Session. The School Board will meet in executive session in accordance with Texas Government Code §551.074 regarding deliberations about personnel matters, in particular the appointment of a public officer and to hear a complaint against an employee.
- Discuss and vote on Resolution to Accept Balloting Results for New Board Member
- Committee Announcements
- Discuss agenda items for the October 13, 2022 meeting
In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act Subchapters D and E of Ch. 551, Tex. Govt. Code, the board may enter a closed/executive session to deliberate any subject authorized by Subchapter D that is listed on the agenda for this meeting. Before any closed/executive session is convened, the presiding officer will publicly identify the section or sections of the Act authorizing the closed/executive session. Any final action, decision, or vote on a subject deliberated in a closed/executive session will be conducted in an open session held in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
This notice was posted before 6:00pm on September 5, 2022, on behalf of the Board by Kari Honea, Chair, NYOS School Board, and Kathleen Zimmermann, Executive Director, NYOS Charter School.
/s/ Kari Honea
/s/ J. Kathleen Zimmermann
For the Board of NYOS Charter School