In May, NYOS partnered with Sora: OverDrive's student reading app, to create a digital library for our Elementary students. We're happy to announce that our Secondary students can now use their NYOS email address and password to log in to Sora for immediate access to hundreds of eBooks and audiobooks! They can even link their Sora account to their public library account in order to access even more titles! More titles will be added in August.
Below is a quick guide for getting started. For questions, please contact Jennifer Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Watch the Getting Started With Sora Video
- Install the Sora app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, or go to https://soraapp.com/library/nyostx.
- In Sora, find your school (or enter NYOSTX), then sign in using your student's NYOS email address and password.
- Browse using the Explore tab and borrow a book. Your book will open so you can start reading right away.
- Go to your Shelf to see all your books (including assignments). From there, you can: Select Open book or Open audiobook to read or listen to the book. Select Options to renew or return the book, see your notes and highlights, and more.
- To add your public library account, click or tap on the three bars. Select Add a public library. Use the search box to find your library, then select This is my library. The library will open in the Explore tab. To switch between libraries, select a library from the menu or from the drop-down at the top of the Explore tab.