Does your family have a need for food during this time? If so, please see our updated list of resources here:
TEA Meal Finder Map:
- The Texas Education Agency has a Meal Finder Map that helps Texas families locate free school meals while students are out of school. Please go here and select "Meal Pick-Up Locations." You'll then be able to enter your home address to find multiple free meal options near where you live.
- This is being provided to any families regardless of their school or school district and regardless of their free & reduced or full price meal status. On Fridays, families will also be able to pick-up "weekend packs" to take additional food home for Saturday and Sunday.
- AISD is providing breakfast and lunch for children under the age of 19 and their parents or caregivers at 70 locations. AISD will also provide meals to students over the age of 19 who are utilizing special education resources. Curbside meals are offered for pick-up at 15 locations and AISD school buses will deliver meals at more than 50 locations.
- A map of AISD meal sites can be found here and a list of delivery meal sites can be found here.
- Meals may be provided to parents or caregivers, even when the child is not present, if the parent/caregiver provides any of the follow documentation. Non-AISD schools qualify for this too:
- Official letter/email from school that shows children as enrolled OR
- Individual student report cards OR
- Attendance record from Parent Portal of school website OR
- Birth certificate for children not in school OR
- Student ID cards
- If the parent does not have documentation, the child must be present to receive a meal. To maintain a safe physical distance, at curbside sites, parents will tape the documentation to their car window or dash so staff may review through the glass. At bus stops sites, parents will place the documentation on the table for staff to review.
- AISD is now also providing weekend meals. Families can receive six meals per child under the age of 19 from the above sites on Fridays. AISD recommends bringing a bag for weekend meals.
Additional Meal Assistance:
- United Way's ConnectATX portal provides resources and assistance related to emergency food, transportation, housing, mental health, childcare and more.
- Families may call an AISD Family Support line at 512-414-9187 Monday through Friday between 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
- To find a location offering grocery items, hot meals, and kid meals, visit the Central Texas Food Bank's resource here.
- Do you have an immediate need for food? If so, please contact our Food Service Manager, Maggie Mondragon-Munoz at 512-693-8533 or email@example.com.