New Campus Timeline
Much work has been accomplished regarding the construction of our new campus:
- After many hours of work and meetings, the design and planning phases of the facility are complete, the engineering work on the site continues, and the permitting work with the city has resulted in the green light to begin digging!
- We have secured $25M of financing with the Equitable Facilities Fund, an organization committed to providing accessible funding for charter schools.
- The construction documents were finalized; construction bidding completed, and a contractor has been secured.
- Ground-breaking took place July 30, and heavy machinery is already pushing dirt around.
- A group of new teachers were hired for the 20-21 school year. They will intern with current teachers to learn how NYOS operates. Thus, they will be better prepared to fill the need for new teachers when the first group of additional students arrive, in 21-22.
- A recruiting and onboarding specialist has been hired to help fill the increased need for staff and make their transition and acculturation into NYOS as seamless as possible.
- In the belief that NYOS should be a good neighbor and good citizen of the community, we are working with the local neighborhood associations and the property owners’ association to ensure the expanded NYOS’ campus is consistent with community expectations and serves as a resource for the local neighborhoods.