Mrs. Ramirez - Computer Science - Building A
- Virtual Learning: Access to the internet, preferably on a laptop or desktop (If you do not have access, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance)
- In Person Learning: Folder with brads, Pen or pencil
The following weighting system will be used:
- 20% Tests/Major Projects
- 80% Classwork
Homework: Homework is not directly given. Homework happens when a student does not complete an assignment within the allotted class time.
Assessments: Throughout the year we will be assessing the level to which our students have mastered the curriculum. Assessment will take many forms including: tests and quizzes or projects.
Students are expected to turn assignments in on the date it is due. If they are unable to do so, they are encouraged to discuss this with the teacher. If the assignment is not turned in on time, the student will have until the end of the grading period to turn it in. If not turned in, the grade will be a zero. Late grades are not accepted after the end of a grading period.
Absence and Make-up Policy:
Students have ONE make-up day per day of excused absence. In the case of extenuating circumstances, more time will be afforded if requested. Work that was previously assigned is due the day you return.
It is the student’s responsibility to seek guidance from a peer or the teacher to discover what the student missed when absent.
Students who wish to retake a test or quiz must plan to attend TWO tutorial sessions; first session will be for review/teacher conference, and second session will be for retest.
Students unhappy with any grade may correct the assignment for more points or do an alternative assignment to replace the grade, depending on the assignment.
To exempt one final each semester, the 8th grader must have 3 or less absences in all courses. They must also have a 90 or above in the class they aim to exempt.
- Participate daily in class meetings
- Be ontime, be focused
- Have your video on (If there is a reason the student cannot be on video, please contact the teacher directly to explain)
- Complete the Daily Engagement Assignment by 4:00pm daily
In Person Learning:
- Be Prompt, Be Prepared, Be Polite, Be Productive, and Be a Problem Solver
- NO CELL PHONES VISIBLE IN CLASS unless given PERMISSION by the teacher. If you abuse this privilege, per school policy, the cellphone will be taken away and turned in to the front desk receptionist. Parents must pick up the phone and fees may apply.
- Social Media
- Taking Photos or videos
- Phone calls/video chatting
- Please follow the NYOS Honor Code and do not cheat. The code is as follows:
I promise that I have not cheated, plagiarized, committed fraud, or given nor received unauthorized help in the completion of this assignment, or lied about any of the aforementioned.
The students will sign up for Google Classroom during class. We will be using this to organize classroom materials, reminding students of due dates, and turning in assignments. This can be accessed through all smart phones and computers.