ASL/Deaf Culture Event Checklist
DEAF EVENT CHECKLIST
- Attend 3 approved Deaf events (all pre-approved events are listed in the classroom and announced on a weekly basis) prior to the due date(s).
- Reaction paper needs to be 2 pages OR MORE
- Cover page including (name, date of event, name of event attended)
- Cover page needs to include a parent signature
- Your response pages should include only your response. (Do NOT add your name, date, etc. to the response section)
- Times New Roman font
- 12 point (not bold)
- Double spaced
- Left justified (not center)
- Proof of attendance is attached (brochure, ticket stub, signature of someone running the event, or a picture that CLEARLY represents the event you attended).
- EVERYONE needs proof of attendance. If a friend took a picture of you with a group of people at the event, YOU need to ensure that you have a copy. Do not expect me to verify your attendance by showing me the picture on someone’s phone or on someone else’s paper!
- If a picture is used as proof of attendance, the picture must be printed on the cover page.
- Your response paper must include details of how you felt prior to the event, during the event, and after the event. Include details of what you observed, how you used your sign skills, and what Deaf culture norms you observed. You may also want to include anything you observed that wasn’t a Deaf culture norm (e.g. people talking and not signing in the presence of a Deaf individual, etc.).
- Paper is free of grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors (ask at least two people to proofread your response paper to assist with eliminating errors)
- Reaction paper is turned in on time (due date). If you are absent on the due date, you MUST e-mail it to me at email@example.com
2nd Quarter Nov.21st
3rd Quarter-March 3rd
4th Quarter- April 28th